FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI) Course
Food manufacturers who export to the United States are now required to comply with the requirements of the Food Safety Modernisation Act. As of 16th September 2016 companies with over 500 employees must have certain activities completed by a preventive controls qualified individual (PCQI) such as the development or approval of a food safety plan. As of September 16th 2017, businesses under 500 employees must also comply.
This FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food course outlined below, developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) is the standardised curriculum recognized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Successfully completing this course meets the requirements to become a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI).
This two and a half day course will cover:
- Course introduction and objectives
- Definitions, terms and key concepts
- Prerequisite programmes (cGMPs, sanitation, pest control etc.)
- Conducting a hazard analysis and identifying hazards
- Determining preventive control measures for identified hazards
- Verification and validation of preventive controls
- Record retention and accessibility
- Management & implementation of the Food Safety Plan including reanalysis of the Food Safety Plan
Who should attend:
The following from Food Manufacturers exporting to the US
- Food Safety Managers
- Quality Managers
- Technical Managers
Certificates of completion will be provided to all personnel who attend.