Microbiology for Food Businesses
Most laboratories will happily test your product for you but very few will help you interpret the results. This one day training course will not only refresh your microbiology knowledge, but it will also help you to understand and action any lab results that you receive. This is particularly important as the latest issue of the BRC Global Food Safety standard (issue 8) requires in clause 184.108.40.206 that “The significance of laboratory results shall be understood and acted upon accordingly. Appropriate action shall be taken promptly to address any unsatisfactory results or trends.”
- Introduction to Microbiology
- Behaviour of micro-organisms in food
- Pathogens associated with your food products and how to control them (bespoke to customers products)
- How to take samples for micro analysis
- Understanding micro test results
- Legal requirements
- Environmental monitoring and swabbing plans
- Interactive course delivered in a relaxed but informative style, using a combination of tutorials, discussion topics and tasks.
- Course tailored to your products and manufacturing process.
Who should attend?
- Technical and quality personnel working in food and drink businesses
- From 4 – 12 delegates per course
Benefits to your organisation
- Understand the significance of micro results for your products
- Taking appropriate action following reporting of adverse results
- Implement more cost effective and meaningful micro testing plans
- Getting the most out of your contract testing laboratory
- Improved understanding of micro hazards and controls applied to HACCP plan
- Helps comply with BRC certification
Course Duration & Location
- This course is one day and is delivered safely on your company’s site or can also be delivered remotely