The global product recall figures for Q3 2023 are in. We’ve analysed the trends and produced our summary of the recall insights from the data across food, consumer products & automotive.
The key facts from Q3 are:
- Over 50% of FDA food recalls are classified as ‘Never Events’
- The USDA / FSIS have already reported more recalls in 2023 than in all of 2022
- Dairy products are now the leading category recalled by Canada Food
- US CSPC data shows a significant increase in numbers, the highest since before 2017
- EU Safety Gate (formerly RAPEX) continues to show a dramatic increase in numbers, 2023 projections are in line with a 50% increase compared to 2022.
- Canadian vehicle recalls in 2023 look like they will be significantly higher than previous years
Click below to download the bulletin and see the full data and our thoughts on the numbers so far.