We have been busy collating, reviewing and analysing the product recall data from the first 3 months of this year, for food, consumer products and auto, from across the world and you can download the bulletin below.
Key takeaways are:
· Allergen issues are now the leading cause of recall in US FDA data
· Prepared dishes are now the most commonly recalled product category according to the FDA data
· EU RASFF data suggests 2023 could see the highest number of food notifications ever
· US CPSC and EU Safety Gate reported high numbers for Q1, with both on track for 25% more recalls than 2022
- NHTSA’s league table for component at fault shows electrical system as the component category causing most recalls
Click below to download the bulletin and see the full data and our thoughts on the numbers so far.