Services for Claims Departments
Specialist Claims Support
When an insured makes a claim against their contaminated product or product recall insurance, it is sometimes difficult to determine if the policy has actually been triggered. Key areas include whether the product creates a “risk of harm” if ingested or who in the supply chain is responsible for a contamination. RQA experts review the testing, technical details and supply chain information and provide specialist independent reports to clarify these situations.
Our specialist microbiological and food safety consultants analyse the available information and provide a written report covering, for example:
- What is the likelihood of the product causing harm to a consumer?
- Where in the supply chain did the product become contaminated?
- Did the insured follow industry practice and applicable law?
- Should the insured have acted earlier to withdraw or recall products?
- Were food safety controls lacking in any aspect?
Typical assignments include:
- Assessing the potential for harm in relation to microbiological contamination in foodstuffs
- Investigations into the origins of pests that have contaminated shipments
- Supply chain investigations to determine the source of chemical, physical or microbiological contamination
For further details, please contact RQA