Services for Claims Departments
Specialist Claims Support
When an insured makes a claim against their contaminated product or product recall insurance, it is sometimes difficult to determine if the policy has actually been triggered. Key areas include whether the product creates a “risk of harm” or who in the supply chain is responsible. RQA experts review the testing, technical details and supply chain information and provide specialist independent reports to clarify these situations.
Our specialist consultants analyse the available information and provide a written report covering, for example:
- What is the likelihood of the product causing harm to a consumer?
- Where in the supply chain did the product become contaminated / faulty?
- Did the insured follow industry practice and applicable law?
- Should the insured have acted earlier to withdraw or recall products?
- Were food safety or quality controls lacking in any aspect?
Typical assignments include:
- Assessing the potential for harm in relation to microbiological contamination in foodstuffs
- Investigations into the origins of pests that have contaminated shipments
- Supply chain investigations to determine the source of chemical, physical or microbiological contamination
- Risk assessment of likelihood of product causing harm
For further details, please get in touch by clicking here
“Sedgwick UK have worked with RQA for several years now. As well as their multi-talented team bringing many skills to assist in the work we do for insurers, we have consistently found them to be professional, competent, alive to insurers’ needs and thoroughly nice people to work with.”