RQA Group is the leading global product risk and crisis management consultancy, providing expert services to food and consumer product manufacturers, insurers and law firms.
Following successful business growth, this is an exciting new position for the successful candidate to immerse themselves in many aspects of the very varied and interesting global RQA Group business. As a Principal Consultant, one day you may be advising a client on how to improve their product recall plan, or you may be delivering a tabletop crisis or business continuity exercise. You may be writing thought leadership papers on product risk or technical articles relevant to our clients’ varied interests. You could be carrying out quality reviews on RQA consultant reports or you could be delivering training or auditing to client product safety requirements. You may also be talking directly to a client who is in need of advice during a product safety incident. Whatever the day holds for you, it will be interesting and varied. We don’t expect you to know everything, but you will use your knowledge and experience and you will also learn from colleagues and experts within the global RQA team.
For more details on RQA Group and our services, go to www.rqa-group.com. RQA’s clients include major global manufacturers of food, consumer products, insurance companies and law firms. Click to see a selection: https://www.rqa-group.com/clients/
The Role and You
This full time, permanent role, reporting to the Managing Director, can be performed from the RQA Reading Office or Home-based (hybrid) but services will also be delivered at client locations in UK, Europe and possibly beyond.
Your background may be in product risk related to food manufacture or consumer products, having held quality or technical roles in product manufacturing, or you may have previously been a consultant in this field. Whilst you will already have excellent experience, we will also provide training and expose you to new challenging experiences.
- Provide technical input to a wide range of RQA projects and activities
- Deliver consultancy and training in relation to RQA activities within scope of expertise
- Quality review technical and other reports prior to client issue
- Carry out consultancy assignments to assist companies to develop and test their product recall and crisis systems
- Liaise with RQA’s global network of consultants to ensure high quality service delivery
- Conduct food safety audits according to RQA (or clients’) protocols
- Participate in the RQA Product Incident Response Team
- Present training seminars in food safety, food defence, supply chain vulnerability, product recall/crisis management and other areas relevant to RQA
- Participate in client meetings where expert consultant input is required
- Work with senior management to develop new protocols and services for clients
- Work with the Marketing team to prepare technical content for white papers, newsletters, webinars and LinkedIn blog articles relevant to RQA clients and ensuring RQA is a knowledge leader in key service areas
Key skills / experience:
- Experience in devising and delivering quality, food safety or product safety programmes in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in providing expert consultancy and training ideally in areas relevant to RQA services
- High level of attention to detail in written reports and briefings
- Degree educated in relevant discipline
- Experience in auditing e.g. GFSI or quality audits
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and comfortable presenting to c-suite level
- Multi-tasking and ability to produce reports and other work outputs on time and to expectation
- Willingness to rapidly learn new services
- Additional language an advantage
- Clean driving license
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]