EU Safety Gate – 2018 report of the Rapid Alert System for dangerous non-food products
- October 24, 2019
- Posted by: Emma Barnett
- Category: Latest News, Product Recall, RAPEX, RQA Group
The latest EU Safety Gate (formerly RAPEX) details the 2018 results for the Rapid Alert System for dangerous non-food products.
Some of our key observations and trends in the report:
- The number of alerts has been steadily increasing for the last few years
- The country of origin triggering these alerts is dominated by products from China
- Toys is the category of product triggering the most alerts and has been for the last 5 years
- Clothes & Textiles was the highest category several years ago but seems to be steadily decreasing
- Injuries and Chemical are the most common risk types notified to the Safety Gate, followed by Choking
Please click below to download and read the report:
If you you need assistance with RAPEX and the risk assessment methodology, click here for details of our training.